Advertisement

Checking the exact angle of parking bays.

Checking the exact angle of parking bays. Thanks as always to Jane Street for supporting my channel!

Of course, Jane Street do not support casual vandalism. And nor do I! Which is why I was using a whiteboard marker and the ".5" was only temporary.

If you want to read about the official regulations governing parking spaces in Sydney, check out this PDF.


Let me know if you see signs anywhere in the world which promise a number of degrees!

CORRECTIONS
- Good spot by TheLongDark: I say 5.38m when the tape measure shows 4.38m. This is because it was only a 5m tape measure so I had to measure 1m first.
- Let me know if you spot any more mistakes!

Thanks again for Jane Street being my principal sponsor.


Thanks to my Patreon supporters who help make these videos possible. Here is a random subset:

Alan Flett
Jim Fitch
Daniel Dewhirst
Cheryl Lowe
Christian Gruber
Ron Hochsprung

Support my channel and I can make more maths videos:


Filming by Simon Wright
Graphics by Matt Parker
Editing by Alex Glenn-Bash
Music by Howard Carter
Design by Simon Wright, yes the same one.

MATT PARKER: Stand-up Mathematician
Website:
Maths book:
Nerdy maths toys:

maths,math,mathematics,comedy,stand-up,parking,sydney,geometry,angles,measure,construction,compass,chalk,60,degrees,check,matt parker,bay,jane street,

Post a Comment

0 Comments