Advertisement

4 Things I Wish I Had Considered Before Going to Music School

4 Things I Wish I Had Considered Before Going to Music School A bunch of years ago (more years the older I get), I attended Music School.

At the time, it seemed like the Only Option.

I took out loans to help pay (though I'm grateful that the school supported me with some scholarship - probably not because of my ability but more likely because I made a personal appeal to the jazz dept director)...

...and I had a great experience. The teachers, the ensembles, the hang.

But now, looking back, with an adult's perspective on the value of almost $100,000 for two years (maybe $75 out of pocket), I wonder - could I have gotten the same education for way less?

Disclaimer - I realize I'm a guy with drum courses for sale ( questioning the value of music college, but I don't consider it a conflict of interest, because my courses don't claim to substitute for a formal music education. Also, they're extremely affordable comparatively. I think when the pricetag is approaching six figures, we have to ask the harder questions.

Hope you enjoy!

8020 drummer,drum lesson,music school value,is music school worth it,manhattan school of music cost,juilliard jazz program cost,berklee college of music cost,university of north texas cost,new school jazz studies cost,nyu jazz studies cost,

Post a Comment

0 Comments