Advertisement

Aladdin 2019 - Making Jasmine || Tutorial - How To Sew a Zipper

Aladdin 2019 - Making Jasmine || Tutorial - How To Sew a Zipper Follow me on Instagram for real-time progress @alicia.estelle (

I've decided I am going to attempt to make Princess Jasmine's costume from the live action film Disney's Aladdin (2019). The costume is worn by Naomi Scott during the Harvest Dance scene where she dances with Aladdin (whom she believes in Prince Ali at the time), and obviously during the A Whole New World song when they go flying on the magic carpet.

It's a beautiful costume that combines elements from traditional clothing and dance costumes from India, Arabia, and other South Asian countries, including Indonesia - the peacock feathers are actually very reminiscent (almost identical!) to the traditional Javanese peacock dance costume I used to wear as a child when I performed haha!

If you want to see how I made the full costume, I have a full playlist of videos here: *link to be posted when all videos in this series are up*

I post quite a bit on over on my instagram so make sure to follow me there (@alicia.estelle). Best way to keep up with my youtube content is to subscribe :)

Materials:
Any questions about materials, just ask me in the comments :)

Links:
Draft Your Own Corset Pattern:
How To Lace a Corset:


-------------------

About Me:

A dreamer, thinker, and lover of all things sewing, fantasy and costume related.

I am a sewing hobbyist and lover of fantasy and historical costumes, but I also dabble in modern garment alterations sometimes.

When first starting this YouTube channel, I had so many designs, ideas and concepts for fantasy movie costumes, which I illustrated through the use of photoshop. Now my interests lie with actually physically making and creating.

Of course, I don't have the time and resources to make garments as spectacular as my photoshop designs, but I am still able to enjoy the process of constructing simpler items from start to finish.

On this channel, you will find a wealth of sewing diary vlogs in which I share my sewing journey and thoughts. I am an avid watcher of fellow seamstresses here on YouTube (among my favourites include Angela Clayton, Bernadette Banner and Morgan Donner) and so I thought that I would join in on the fun and upload some content of my own. Hopefully it's helpful to someone out there!

#Aladdin2019 #PrincessJasmine #SewingVlog

aladdin 2019,aladdin 2019 jasmine,aladdin 2019 making jasmine,aladdin 2019 princess jasmine,aladdin movie,aladdin movie 2019,how to make princess jasmine costume,naomi scott,naomi scott princess jasmine,princess jasmine aladdin 2019,princess jasmine costume,princess jasmine costume 2019,princess jasmine costume diy,princess jasmine costume tutorial,princess jasmine dress 2019,princess jasmine naomi scott,princess jasmine tutorial,princess jasmine,

Post a Comment

0 Comments