Advertisement

2020 RECESSION: THE *TRUTH* (My Long-Term Investing Perspective)

2020 RECESSION: THE *TRUTH* (My Long-Term Investing Perspective) Today's #stock #market #investing video shares four timeless perspectives that pertain to the upcoming "2020 Recession" that everyone is talking about. It is my firm belief that the greater investing community and media is approaching everything completely wrong. I'm here to share my 20+ years of dividend stock investing experience and the important perspectives I have learned, ones that have powered my own success.

Today's investing video by timestamp:
0:00 Introduction: The recession is here, the crash is coming, the bottom will fall out!
1:18 Here are the four things I'll discuss today: (1) A recent stock purchase I just made (MMM), (2) macroeconomic theory and how it affects my dividend investing strategy, (3) S&P 500 index fund investors, and (4) how commercial real estate relates to long-term stock market investing.
2:49 PERSPECTIVE 1: I bought 3M (MMM) stock yesterday and I'm already down! In fact, I'm down on every tranche of 3M I have purchased! And, I love this.
3:39 On The Home Depot, I'm up 171% on my 1st tranche (from 2014). Let's contrast my experience with MMM versus HD. I like MMM more, since I'm buying on the way down! Let's also talk about built-in gains and how they give me confidence.
5:07 If you don't have built-in gains yet, things will be a little tougher (but not forever). It will get easier!
5:51 3M is a miracle right now in terms of dollar cost averaging.
9:19 PERSPECTIVE 2: This is REALLY important. Here's how macroeconomics factor into my dividend stock investing. Long story short: They do not (that much).
9:44 Be careful you don't get caught up in the hype. Your time is valuable. Don't get burnt out!
10:50 If you really want to get into macroeconomics, here's who you should and should not listen to.
11:50 A lot of the economists disagree!
13:20 PERSPECTIVE 3: S&P 500 index fund investors have A LOT right. They are very mindful of their valuable time. They live life!
15:43 Do not let macroeconomics take away from your life.
17:00 Don't forget why you are investing in dividend stocks.
18:24 PERSPECTIVE 4: I want to close out with the best perspective. Here's why dividend investing is just like developing commercial real estate, in my opinion.
26:41 As a real estate investor, my money is tied up at least 6.25 years (with no expectation of cash flow). What if we looked at dividend stocks the same way?
28:40 What's most important: Working hard and getting capital deployed!
30:21 Get that capital to work!
31:06 Closing!

Want to learn about my embarrassing situation and how I faced a layoff during the Great Recession? Check out this video about hard times:

Please feel free to join my Facebook group here:

DISCLOSURE: I am long 3M (MMM) and The Home Depot (HD). I own these stocks in my stock portfolio.

DISCLAIMER: All information and data on my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, white papers, Excel files, and other materials is solely for informational purposes. I make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information. I will not be liable for any errors, omissions, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. I will not be responsible for the accuracy of material that is linked on this site.

Because the information herein is based on my personal opinion and experience, it should not be considered professional financial investment advice or tax advice. The ideas and strategies that I provide should never be used without first assessing your own personal/financial situation, or without consulting a financial and/or tax professional. My thoughts and opinions may also change from time to time as I acquire more knowledge. These are, as discussed above, solely my thoughts and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments for any reason (abusive in nature, contain profanity, etc.). Your continued reading/use of my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, whitepapers, Excel files, and other materials constitutes your agreement with and acceptance of this disclaimer.

COPYRIGHT: All PPC Ian videos, Excel files, guides, and other content are (c) Copyright IJL Productions LLC. PPC Ian is a registered trademark (tm) of IJL Productions LLC.

2020,recession,truth,crash,collapse,long,term,investing,stock,market,stocks,invest,investment,investor,dividend,dividends,value,long term,dividend investing,dividend stocks,dividend growth investing,stock market,stock market collapse,stock market crash,2020 recession,2019 recession,coming,how to invest,2020 recession prediction,next recession,economic collapse 2020,investing for the long term,ppc ian,ian lopuch,dividend stock investing,s&p 500,index funds,

Post a Comment

0 Comments