Advertisement

I Tried Everything To Make My Older Sister Like Me

I Tried Everything To Make My Older Sister Like Me ❀ Thank you for your constant support and engagement! We have received many stories and are working on animating them!

❀ A PROFESSIONAL Voice Actor will record your story! We do everything to keep your identity private, unless you wish differently!

Hi, I’m April. And for so long the only thing that I cared about was to feel closer to my older sister, Bethany. She is three years older than me, and has always been someone I’ve looked up to. She got a lot of B’s in school and had lots of extracurricular activities like hockey and dance club. My parents were always so proud of her and I knew when I grew up, I wanted to be just like her!

Except I wasn’t. I did better than Beth at school., but my social skills sucked. Every time I tried to play with her and her older friends, they made fun of me for being bad at it. It embarrassed Beth. I think that’s why she stopped inviting me in the end. As the years went on, we grew apart, especially when Beth was in high school and I was still in middle school. I hated it. I wanted to spend more time with her. I wanted to make her proud of me, but… I didn’t know how.

One day, I snuck into Beth’s room when she was at a friend’s house and I tried on some of her clothes. Soon after, I spotted her make-up box. When I reached for the tubes of lipsticks, I found a bright red one and I wanted to know what I’d look like with red lips like the women in the movies! So, I tried it and… Oh My God. I broke it! I pressed too hard and it snapped. The red stick fell down my chest and onto my lap, staining Beth’s purple t-shirt I was wearing. I panicked and took everything off and tried to hide the t-shirt and the lip stick. My heart was pounding when Beth got home from her friend’s house. I knew she’d notice straight away things had been moved around… and I was completely right.

I don’t think we’d ever fought like that before! I was so sad that I cried all night. I couldn’t believe it. After that, I stopped trying to be her friend, and we almost never talked. So, when Beth called me into her room one evening, I was shocked. I couldn’t believe she wanted to talk to me and I was just so excited that I didn’t think much about it when I went in there after her.
It wasn’t until she sat me down and looked at me with a serious stare that I began to worry. Was she mad at me again? I hadn’t done anything! We only spoke to each other at breakfast and dinner. Maybe I said something she wasn’t happy with? Beth started to look sad.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“I… I have a boyfriend,” Beth admitted with a small smile. She took my hand in hers and clasped it tight. “He invited me to a party he’s having tonight, but mom and dad have this stupid curfew and they would never let me go on a school night… I really want to see him, April.”
I didn’t understand why she was telling me this. We don’t share secrets since we were little. But I was happy. Maybe she wanted to become closer again?
“I wish I could help, Beth. That really sucks,” I said.
“Well, you can help,” she told me and pulled me closer. “There’s something you can do for me so I can go!”
“What is it?” I asked, feeling confused.
“If you sleep in my room for me under the covers then when mom and dad come to check, they’ll think it’s me in here,” she explained.
I shook my head. “What if they check my room?”
Beth rolled her eyes. “They never check your room. They know what a good girl you are.”

I was torn. I wanted to help her, but I didn’t want to betray my parents. For a moment, I didn’t say anything. I just sat in silence and thought about the options. That is until Beth pulled me closer and cuddled me.
“Please, April, I really need you,” Beth begged and I couldn’t help but give in.
“Of course, I’ll always be here to help you,” I told her with a smile, but inside I was worried. I didn’t want to get in trouble and I didn’t want my parents to be upset with me. As long as I was quiet, it would be okay though… right?

When 8 PM came, Beth snuck out of the window and waved me goodbye as I curled up under her covers. I took my Kindle in with me to read until I fell asleep, but I couldn’t. Inside, my brain was whirring with thoughts and worries and after an hour it became clear there would be no sleep for me until Beth got home.

parents,live long,problems,my story animated,stories,animation,short film,story,sisters,older sister,

Post a Comment

0 Comments